Appendix 9: Credits
- The New Solar System, 3rd Edition, Beatty and Chaikin Eds.
- Stardust to Planets, Harry Y. McSween, Jr.
- Exploring Planetary Worlds, Morrison
- The Astronomical Almanac 1995, US Navy
- Encyclopædia Britannica, 15th Ed.
- The New Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, 1994 CD-ROM Ed.
- The American Heritage Dictionary, 1992 CD-ROM Ed.
- The Moons of Saturn, Soderblom and Johnson in Scientific American Jan 1982
- The Galilean Moons of Jupiter, Soderblom in Scientific American Jan 1980
- Frontiers of Astronomy, Morrison / Wolff 2nd Ed.
- Astronomy Through Space and Time, Engelbrektson
- "The Planets" opus 32 by Gustav Holst (1874-1934)
performed by André Previn
and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra; Telarc CD-80133
Finally, and most importantly, the taxpayers of the USA paid for the space
program that made all this possible.
- Calvin J. Hamilton, the
Views of The Solar System,
made many of the inline images I use here. He has also provided much useful
information and help.
- Mark Takacs,
David Hecox et. al. at JPL, authors of
Welcome to the Planets
also provided many inline images.
- Ken Edgett, the author of
DSN Solar System Menu provided a few more inline images.
- Dr. Ellis. D. Miner of JPL generously provided up to
date data on the outer planets and much other valuable information.
- Jonathan P. Leech and Larry Klaes,
authors of the
sci.space FAQ section on spacecraft.
- Paul Schlyter, author of the Hypothetical Planets page.
- Frank Crary, author of the Origin of the Solar System page.
- Joan Arnett, my long suffering wife, proof-read the first draft and make
innumerable helpful suggestions.
- Tom Rankin and Phil Perry of the Midhudson Astronomy
who did a very thorough job of proof-reading.
- William V. Arnett and Alexandra C. Arnett, my father and
mother, who also did a very careful proof-reading job.
- Chris Lewicki, Heino Peters and Garret Van Cleef
who provided Web space when I really needed it.
- Gareth Williams and Bill Higgins
for information about astronomical naming conventions.
Bill Arnett; last updated:
1996 April 30